VMware Cloud Community
whitey1123
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

When will Intel(R) Ethernet Connection X552/X557-AT 10GBASE-T be supported in vSphere 6?

Any ideas, this is explicitely speaking to the Intel Xeon D-1540 platforms that include 10G option? IE: SuperMicro X10SDV-TLN4F

Any takers?  I'm hearing reports it does not work in vSphere but does in Hyper-V which is depressing.   Is there a custom vib or driver hack out there yet that anyone is aware of?

42 Replies
pbraren
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

whitey1123, can you mark this old question as answered?

Also note that 4.5.3 came out today, testing it now (un-officially, just tinkering in my Xeon D home lab):

How to download and install the Intel Xeon D 10GbE X552/X557 driver/VIB for VMware ESXi 6.x, works f...

TinkerTry.com
0 Kudos
whitey1123
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

WAY late to the game but I finally got a Xeon-D system w/ ONLY 2 10GB copper ports and the 6.5U1 installer was balking/bombing, used my nested 6.7 vSphere vCenter on top of my 6.5 infra w/ Image Builder GUI to bundle in proper drivers and voila!  😄

Marked as 'Answered' pbraren

0 Kudos
whitey1123
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

OK, so I seem to have jumped the gun, custom image creation went soo smoothly that i assumed it was gonna work but if just stalls out here.  Left all vibs selected plus the X557 vib/offline depot.  vSphere ESXi 6.7 loads fine on this X10SDV-4C-TLN2F HW.  SOOOO frustrating.  Any help/assists/hints/tips.  I am at my wits end.

0 Kudos