VMware Cloud Community
cestep1961
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Vsphere Client console issue

I'm running Vsphere client 4.0. I have 3 virutal machines created and have loaded them using ISO images. However, I have other software that I need to install other software that uses setup.exe. I have not found away to either map a drive to the virtual machine through the console. Does anyone have any ideas how I can map a drive or do a cut and paste.

Help!!!

Thanks,

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jain
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

You can not achieve this using vSphere client

Have to use usual ways, share folder on network, access it on VM and do the setup

~ Jain # VCP 4

--------------------------------- *Jain* | VCP4 | +Please award points, if you found answer useful+

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jain
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

You can not map a folder to VM as a drive, I would prefer to share this folder on network and do the setup in conventional way

If you have ISO images, you can go to VM:Properties-> CD-ROM -> Use ISO Image (Browse to your ISO)

~ Cheers, Jain # VCP 4

~ Do not forget about points,if you found answer useful Heart

--------------------------------- *Jain* | VCP4 | +Please award points, if you found answer useful+
0 Kudos
cestep1961
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

HI,

Thanks for the response, but ISO files are not the problem. I have build the VM using iso images without a problem. The problem now is that I have other software to load that are not ISO's but simple exe files.

How can I either map a drive to the directory on my machine or copy the files to the Virtual machine?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Jain
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

You can not achieve this using vSphere client

Have to use usual ways, share folder on network, access it on VM and do the setup

~ Jain # VCP 4

0 Kudos