VMware Cloud Community
bigslash
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Vmware Integrated Container Network ISSUE

Hi to all,

I had deployed the latest VmwareIntegratedContainer OVA succesfully and registered it with my Virtual Center appliance,

I also had opened the firewall between the Hosts and the VICs as (Open the Required Ports on ESXi Hosts · VMware vSphere Integrated Containers 1.5 Documentation )

so i think i can deploy the VCH , but i couldnt do it either from the command line with (vic-machine-windows.exe create) nor  from the virtual center GUI ,

When i try it from the virtual center GUI, after  i give the all answers to the wizard is  "  Error creating VCH  " ,and i can find a log with this

Also when i try it from the cli on my machine, with the command

"vic-machine-windows.exe create -target  VCENTER IP" -user "administrator@vsphere.local" -password "XXXXXXX"  -bridge-network bridge -image-store DataStoreNAME -no-tlsverify -force"

the given error is ;

"error msg="An existing distributed port group or opaque network must be specified for bridge network on vCenter : network 'virtual-container-host' not found""

what i am missing here ?

In our vcenter we use standart switches , can it be the issue with that, maybe but i cannot figure out a document related with this.

any help will be great ,

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

The error message is telling you exactly what's wrong. You are required to use a vDS-provided port group. Says so right here. Also here:

Bridge Network

A network interface that container VMs use to communicate with each other.

Before you deploy a VCH, you must create a VMware vSphere Distributed Switch and a port group, an NSX Data Center for vSphere logical switch, or an NSX-T Data Center logical switch for the bridge network. For information about how to create a port group or logical switch, see Networking Requirements for VCH Deployment.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

The error message is telling you exactly what's wrong. You are required to use a vDS-provided port group. Says so right here. Also here:

Bridge Network

A network interface that container VMs use to communicate with each other.

Before you deploy a VCH, you must create a VMware vSphere Distributed Switch and a port group, an NSX Data Center for vSphere logical switch, or an NSX-T Data Center logical switch for the bridge network. For information about how to create a port group or logical switch, see Networking Requirements for VCH Deployment.

Simecky
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hello, as far as I understand, vDS is only for enterprise plus license, so does that mean that it can't run on essential plus license managed by vcenter?

0 Kudos