VMware Cloud Community
ictc
Contributor
Contributor

VMware vSphere 5 one Host and 2 NIC Network Design Layout and vSwitch

Due to a wrong order I need to temporaly change the design layout in order to use just 2x1Gb Nics in stead of 6...

DELL T620 + Vsphere Essential

Total of 5 VMs

At least 2 separated network on two physical switches (n.1 10/100 for POE for Voip + n.1 Gb for LAN)

local storage (no iscsi)

The backup will be hosted on 1 external NAS (1 Gb port) using acronis VM Protect.

I would like to keep possibly separated, voip network, LAN VM, management and backup once I will get the missing quad port NIC.

For the moment I'm looking for a suggested layout design in order to deploy the system in production with only 2 default NIC. No chance to get the missing part befor the deployment dead line. Any suggestions will be very apreciated.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
vmroyale
Immortal
Immortal

Hello and welcome to the communities.

Note: Discussion successfully moved from VMware ESXi 5 to VMware vSphere™ vNetwork

At least 2 separated network on two physical switches (n.1 10/100 for POE for Voip + n.1 Gb for LAN)

This pretty much sorts it - you will need to put all of the non-VOIP networks on one vSwitch with one pNIC and all of the other networks can be trunked to another vSwitch with multiple port groups.

Brian Atkinson | vExpert | VMTN Moderator | Author of "VCP5-DCV VMware Certified Professional-Data Center Virtualization on vSphere 5.5 Study Guide: VCP-550" | @vmroyale | http://vmroyale.com
0 Kudos
ictc
Contributor
Contributor

Yes it sounds simple but can you provide me with a schematic considering the two different pswitch? I need to better understand the configuration of the portgroups and the Vlans. Can you help me in this too? Thanks anyway for the prompt reply.

Luigi Mazzoli

0 Kudos