VMware Cloud Community
rlp62
Contributor
Contributor

VMWare LIES!!!

Back in November VMware offered ALive Enterprise for Free to Co's that had bought certain products.

My Co. has bought three of the products.

When I tried to download it for the support site I got the sorry message telling me I did not have the right to dl it.

Ok so I open a ticket with CS they can see that I have bought what was need to get ALive, but could not figure out why I could not DL it,

Two Days later I was told that it had not been released yet and that when it was I would get a call back from CS, I HAVE NEVER GOTTEN THAT CALL!!

Now the promo is over and I still do not have ALive even after sending $150.000.00 with them for a new site.

My Co is 100% VMware.

PONY UP VMware!!!!! I jumped through your hoops!!!

0 Kudos
7 Replies
DSTAVERT
Immortal
Immortal

I would call back to VMware support / sales to request the code. You aren't too late. The expiration for download is April 30th.

http://www.vmware.com/landing_pages/vsphere-promotion/alive_vm_faqs.html

-- David -- VMware Communities Moderator
0 Kudos
rlp62
Contributor
Contributor

I would like to but that is my problem, I have not been able to dl it since I tried in november.

I just keep getting the run around from CS!!

0 Kudos
DSTAVERT
Immortal
Immortal

According to the FAQ someone, and perhaps not you, would have been emailed with a promotion code. The promotion code is redeemable for the license key. I don't think that you can download until the code has been redeemed at the VMware store and you have the license. I would check with whatever department / person in your firm that pays the bills / makes the purchase etc. to see if they have the email.

Q. What do I do if I lose my promotion code?
A. Please send a customer service request and include your VMware Order  number. This number can be found on your original VMware order  confirmation email. Once we validate you are eligible, we will resend  you the original promotional code that was issued to your company.

-- David -- VMware Communities Moderator
0 Kudos
depping
Leadership
Leadership

Contact your VMware Sales Rep or Systems Engineer and let them solve the issue as clearly there is a misunderstanding.

Duncan (VCDX)

Available now on Amazon: vSphere 4.1 HA and DRS technical deepdive

0 Kudos
krowczynski
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hi,  I also had not got any licenses for AliveVM.

Should I only send a mail at the sales stuff??

MCP, VCP3 , VCP4
0 Kudos
idle-jam
Immortal
Immortal

I will just pass it to my local sales rep and let them escalate for me.

0 Kudos
rlp62
Contributor
Contributor

Well, for the fourth time I have been told by CS that ALive has not been released yet. what???  then why is it up on the DL site for if it's not released yet??

I do have the code and I did get a Licsence key but was still unable to DL ALive.

So I guess when VMware has a promo they do it on products that you can't get because IT"S NOT RELEASED YET!!!

Give me a break.

0 Kudos