- My situation: I have a cluster VMware with 02 host, which it have information as below:
+ Config vSphere HA
+ Host 01: 01 management standard switch: only physical adapter network
+ Host 02: 01 management standard switch: only physical adapter network
- And cluster show warming "THIS HOST CURRENTLY HAS NO MANAGEMENT NETWORK REDUNDANCY" in the 02 host
- And I resolved this message with action:
+ I added 01 physical adapter network available ( host 01 - vSphere HA state Master) this physical adapter I did not plug in to physical switch ( status physical adapter DOWN), and then I config complete, on the dashboard summary prompt message
+ And then, I remove the physical to vSwitch Management, and result is: I can not connect this host via vSphere Client, and service monitor on this host not working.
- Can you advice for me? Thank you very much
And then, I remove the physical to vSwitch Management, and result is: I can not connect this host via vSphere Client,
Can you please clarify what exactly you did remove? You'll need at least one active uplink for the Management port group.
Depending on the installation, the "Management Network" port group did not inherit the vSwitch Settings, and only has the first uplink configured as the active one (the one which you've removed).
If you cannot access the host currently, you may configure the Management Network from the host's DCUI (console).
Thank you for your reply. I show you step by step I did
- First of all, my management network as below information, with only physical adapter
And I want add one more physical adapter to resolve issue "THIS HOST CURRENTLY HAS NO MANAGEMENT NETWORK REDUNDANCY"
- Following my step to do:
+ Step 1: I choosed the host, which I want to config: Manage \ Networking \ Physical adapters and click 'Add host networking'
I did chose physical adapter "vmnic1" but vmnic1 I did not connect to physical access switch. I click OK and Fishnish
After Finish, prompt message warming
- Host still available manage by vCenter but I did not access to host via vSphere Client.
+ Step 2: I removed the physical adapter 'vmnic1" from vSwich0
- Virtual Switchs \ select vSwitch0 \ Manage physical Network \ and remove physical Network adapter
BUT ISSUE DOES NOT RESOLVE.