VMware Cloud Community
Asmr_Mohd
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Unable ping any IP address of the other VLans from newly created VMA virtual machine in Vsphere 6.5.

Unable ping any IP address of the other VLans from newly created VMA virtual machine in Vsphere 6.5.

But i could ping the VM gateway (10.134.112.1) and any IP Address from Same Vlan (112) .

Please assist on this. I am really confused with this.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Asmr_Mohd
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Its a distribution vSwitch. We have four VMs in same VLAN (Vlan no - 112) and the newly created VM is one of that with the same range of IP Address. between them i could ping but when i ping other VM which are other VLANS ( Vlan No -110, 111, 118, 114) from the newly created VM, Ping or telnet is not working.

but remaining VMs from VLAN 112 could ping or telnet to other VLANs.

Thank you for the reply, I was looking some google articles and checked the network settings of all VMs and compared with the problematic VM.

"Found that network mask was assigned with A class )

I modified and working good.

Thank you so much for your reply.

It's my first time in this forum and really great to keep in touch with you all.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

It will be almost impossible for others to help without you posting information about your vSwitches, and the port groups and uplinks for your vSwitches.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
Asmr_Mohd
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Its a distribution vSwitch. We have four VMs in same VLAN (Vlan no - 112) and the newly created VM is one of that with the same range of IP Address. between them i could ping but when i ping other VM which are other VLANS ( Vlan No -110, 111, 118, 114) from the newly created VM, Ping or telnet is not working.

but remaining VMs from VLAN 112 could ping or telnet to other VLANs.

Thank you for the reply, I was looking some google articles and checked the network settings of all VMs and compared with the problematic VM.

"Found that network mask was assigned with A class )

I modified and working good.

Thank you so much for your reply.

It's my first time in this forum and really great to keep in touch with you all.

0 Kudos