VMware Cloud Community
enettech
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Switching Comparison/Matrix

Hi Everyone,

I've searched the forums and down a fair bit of Googling but am unable to find a comparison between the available switching options in vSphere regarding what they are offering in the way of functionality etc. Can someone point me in the direction of something like this? I need to justify choices to my manager and rather than apend a heap of time putting this together I was hoping it may have already been done - cheating I know Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Mick

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jain
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Check this Cisco doc, it has comparison chart between all 3 :

Also check below 2 docs, it is also useful

Cheers,

~ Jain # Do not forget about points Smiley Wink

--------------------------------- *Jain* | VCP4 | +Please award points, if you found answer useful+

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Rumple
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

define switching options...

standard vswitch vs distributed switching? there is switch level tagging vs O/S level tagging, and then there are different levels of private vlan to consider.

What are you trying to accomplish?

0 Kudos
enettech
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Sorry when I say options I mean a very "present to management" overview e.g. what are they getting in the Nexus that they won't get in the standard vSwitch or the vDS. I guess as you say then, standard vs distributed switching (broken down to vDS on it's own and also the Nexus) would be what I need.

Thanks for the speedy reply Rumple.

0 Kudos
Jain
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Check this Cisco doc, it has comparison chart between all 3 :

Also check below 2 docs, it is also useful

Cheers,

~ Jain # Do not forget about points Smiley Wink

--------------------------------- *Jain* | VCP4 | +Please award points, if you found answer useful+
0 Kudos
enettech
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

That Cisco doc is exactly what I was after. Thanks Jain.

0 Kudos