VMware Cloud Community
TheVMinator
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Storage Networking and UCS

I'm using iSCSI with the iSCSI software adapter in ESXi along with UCS and using port binding to bind each iSCSI vmkernel port to a specific vmnic and I'm using 2 vmnics.  Should I also within UCS bind each vmnic so that traffic from vmnic1 goes through Fabric Interconnect 1 and traffic from vmnic2 flows through Fabric Interconnect 2?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chriswahl
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Should I also within UCS bind each vmnic so that traffic from vmnic1 goes through Fabric Interconnect 1 and traffic from vmnic2 flows through Fabric Interconnect 2?

A vEth can only egress into a single Fabric Interconnect - this is decided when you pick the Fabric (A or B) for the vNIC. There is no additional binding to perform.

VCDX #104 (DCV, NV) ஃ WahlNetwork.com ஃ @ChrisWahl ஃ Author, Networking for VMware Administrators

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
chriswahl
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Should I also within UCS bind each vmnic so that traffic from vmnic1 goes through Fabric Interconnect 1 and traffic from vmnic2 flows through Fabric Interconnect 2?

A vEth can only egress into a single Fabric Interconnect - this is decided when you pick the Fabric (A or B) for the vNIC. There is no additional binding to perform.

VCDX #104 (DCV, NV) ஃ WahlNetwork.com ஃ @ChrisWahl ஃ Author, Networking for VMware Administrators
0 Kudos
TheVMinator
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

ok thanks!

0 Kudos