VMware Cloud Community
raghavendrats
Contributor
Contributor

Set alarms for N/W vSwitch connectivity lost

I have 3 ESX 4 update 1 Hosts in my cluster configured with HA & DRS. These hosts are configured with 3 vSwitch ports. 1st vswitch for VMs with Service console 2nd one for vmotion and 3rd is Service console. Sometime due to some issues on the physical switch end our first 2 vswitches configured for VMs and vmotion are going down due to Link down.

I want to set alarams for those 2 vswitches link status. So i will come to know link fluctuations of those NICs. I think there is no default alarms for this. If any of you guys set Alarms for your NICs configured in your Host please guide me.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
rogard
Expert
Expert

Use your switch to send snmp traps

raghavendrats
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Rogard,

can you please give some more details. how I can do this. I dont have access to physical switch.

0 Kudos
JimKnopf99
Commander
Commander

Hi,

there is one build in alarm to check if your vSwitch lost Network connectivity.

I only have the german vcenter, but i think the name must be something like lost networkconection or so.

In the details of the alarm, you can configure the alarm to send an email or smtp trap or what you need.

Frank

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".