VMware Cloud Community
RandyWhite
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Problems installing Nexus 1000v vCenter plug-in extension file "Invalid URI: The URI is empty"

Hi All,

I'm trying to install the Cisco Nexus 1000v switch in my training lab.

When I get to the step where I add the Extension XML file to the vSphere plug-in Manager, I get an error that states "Invalid URI: The URI is empty"

When I open the cisco_nexus_1000v_extension.xml file, it's obvious there is something missing from the <url></url> section.

Questions:

1. Has anyone successfully installed the Nexus 1000v switch?

2. If so, can you post the extension xml file so I can stare & compare?

3. How do I remove the old extension file from the Available Plug-ins section of the Plug-in Manager? Right now it's stuck on Download and Install...

Thanks, Randy

0 Kudos
21 Replies
harria5
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi

Have you ever heard of this? I have vm workstation on my laptop with esx 4.0 installed. The issue is on the vi client, when I select Manage Plug-Ins, the option to add a new plug in is greyed out. I've tried hosts of xp and w2k3 and this option is always greyed.

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
RBurns-WIS
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

1. 1000v is not supported running as a nested VM inside VMware workstation.

2. You don't need to click the "Download and Install" link for the 1000v within plugin manager. It's only there because its a VMware Application requirement. There's no functionality or requirement to install anything. This is looking to be remove in future releases of vCenter/VI client.

Robert

0 Kudos