VMware Cloud Community
hamzehzadeh
Contributor
Contributor

Problem to connect a VM to another network range

Hi, this is my plan, and I want to connect my VOIP server (192.168.113.6) to my FXO (192.168.114.2) through my working tunnel, every NIC in my ...113.1/24 can ping any device in ...113.1/24 network plus the FXO in ...114.1/24 network and vice versa , except my voip server.  my VM voip server can just ping all NiCs in ...113.1/24 network and pinged back from them but cannot ping 192.168.114.2 or pinged back from my FXO. my VOIP Server is in esxi and connected to a vSwicth. what can I do for my problem, is there any firewall in esxi that is dropping my packets or whatever else... .

thanks

this is my plan

voip problem.jpg.jpeg

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Krenztor
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

There are firewall options on the ESX host but those wouldn't apply to your VM.  Can your VM ping the gateway on 114.1/24?  My guess is that there is a firewall on the VM blocking inbound ICMP but I don't know how to explain that it can't ping 114.2 even though everything else can.

0 Kudos
SureshKumarMuth
Commander
Commander

ESXi firewall is applicable only for ESXi network traffic as said above. This looks like an issue with your network or firewall within the VoIP server.

Try pining gateway.

Use tracert to check till which hop the packet routes to, based on that you can find where the packets getting dropped.

VoIP is able to ping 113.x/24 because they are in same network but not 114.x which requires routing. So the issue is at routing level.

Regards,
Suresh
https://vconnectit.wordpress.com/
0 Kudos
hamzehzadeh
Contributor
Contributor

No the VM can't ping the gateway on 114.1/24, but every other NICs on 113.1/24 can ping it.

0 Kudos
hamzehzadeh
Contributor
Contributor

thanks dear Sureshkumar M, but I have that rout to 114.x network , and the rest NICs in 113.x can ping it.

this is my ping to the 113.1/24 gateway from VM, and the traceroute to the 114.2 from my eth1(gateway 113.1).  the traceroute to the 114.1 gateway was the same.

ping.PNG

and this pings are from My Microtik router from 114.1/24 network

to FXS

113-2.PNG

to  VM VOIP

113-6.PNG

0 Kudos