VMware Cloud Community
rubensluque
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Nexus1000v and vCenter Linked Mode

Hi,

Has anyone has implemented Nexus1000v in a environment with vCenter Linked Mode enabled ? The VMware support guy says it is not supported but in my searchs in vmware and cisco websites I did not find any documentation that confirm this information.

thanks in advance,

Rubens

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
lwatta
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Folks we now officially support vCenter Linked Mode and vCenter Server Heartbeat.

Check out the below link for the official annoucement.

https://www.myciscocommunity.com/community/products/nexus1000v/blog/2010/06/03/nexus-1000v-support-f...

thanks

louis

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
rogard
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

I havent implemented it, do they give any reasons? as long as you have a different VSM for each vcenter.

0 Kudos
rubensluque
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

We have a VSM separated for each vcenter. They didn't give me a reason. It´s weird. I need to justify to my customer why I can not have Nexus1000v and vCenter Linked Mode together based on official documentation. It seems there is no VMware documentation about this issue.

tks

0 Kudos
rogard
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

The only thing I can think of would be if SRM has issues?

0 Kudos
lwatta
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

I've been checking and what I have found so far is that we do not QA with vCenter Linked mode. So it's not officially supported because we don't QA with it. However I do know several customers who are using N1000V with Linked Mode.

I beleive we have seen enough customers asking for official support that this should change in the future.

lwatta
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Folks we now officially support vCenter Linked Mode and vCenter Server Heartbeat.

Check out the below link for the official annoucement.

https://www.myciscocommunity.com/community/products/nexus1000v/blog/2010/06/03/nexus-1000v-support-f...

thanks

louis

0 Kudos