VMware Cloud Community
vmtrekker
Contributor
Contributor

How can I direct cold migration traffic through desired network only?

Hello, I have 2 ESXi hosts connected to two seperate networks. One network is slow 100mbps while other is faster 1 Gbps. When I do any cold migration, it is happening through the slower network. How can I configure the system to direct any migration traffic through the faster network only?

I have vMotion traffic disabled on the slower network's vmkernel and enabled on the faster network's vmkernel. Management Traffic is enabled on both networks. still no luck.

Anyone out there to solve this riddle?

vmTrekker

0 Kudos
3 Replies
athlon_crazy
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I dont know whether this one still valid or not but it's worth to try :

das.allowVmotionNetworks – Allows a NIC that is used for VMotion networks to be considered for VMware HA usage. This permits a host to have only one NIC configured for management and VMotion combined.

vcbMC-1.0.6 Beta

vcbMC-1.0.7 Lite

http://www.no-x.org
0 Kudos
MattG
Expert
Expert

I am assuming you are doing a cold datastore migration?

Are both NICs setup with VLAN tagging and part of a NIC team? If so, disable or remove the slow pNIC from the vSwitch and then add it back.

-MattG

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".

-MattG If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

You can try disalbe the slower network for Management Traffcic. Cold migration's traffic are through Management interface.

0 Kudos