VMware Cloud Community
dadalowg
Contributor
Contributor

Error upon Cisco Nexus Removal

When I try to remove the Cisco nexus by issuing the command "no vmware dvs", I get the following error:

"DVS b0supv01 port 67 is reserved by to entity <not-found.> vnic vmk0, type:hostVmkVnic. The resource vim.dvs.DistributedVirtualPort 67 is in use.."

This error was initially pointing to host3. I checked host3 to ensure that there is no vmk0. I have removed host 3 from the cluster completely and I get the same error with "<not-found>" instead of host3 in the error.

I have tried:

-- Reconnecting to the VC with the Nexus "svs-connection VC ---> no connect/connect"

-- Restarting the nexus VSM

-- Restarting the VMware service

-- Restarting the vCenter 4 server.

Please help.

dada

0 Kudos
2 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

You should start by removing the host(s) from the actual dVS. Next, from the VSM itself, stop the communication between the VSM and VC. Do this by doing a no connect within the SVS connection. You should now remove the distributed switch. Lastly, you need to remove the VEM code from the ESX console using the vem-remove –d command.

0 Kudos
dadalowg
Contributor
Contributor

Hey MV007:

Tried all of that and no go. Opened a SR with VMware who then opened an SR with Cisco. I could not wait that long so I had re-installed vCenter from scratch to get rid of the Cisco Nexus.

Cheers

A

0 Kudos