VMware Cloud Community
milesmeridith
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Confusion on NIC's, VSwitch on Physical and VM's.

As you can tell from the screenshots my host has two NIC's. One is to my 192.168.111.0 subnet and the other is connected directly to my DMZ with an IP of 173.10.155.x. My concern is that when I look at the host settings it shows my VM SIP Proy 4.0 connected to both NIC's. But when I look at the settings of the VM it only shows the DMZ NIC and when I log into the VM and look at the network adaptors it only shows the DMZ Nic. Is this normal. I don't want my VM to have a virtual connection to my 192.168.111.x subnet and it doesn't appear to except when I look at the host settings.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vmroyale
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Note: Discussion successfully moved from Enterprise Strategy & Planning to VMware vSphere™ vNetwork

Did you take a snapshot of this VM, while it was still connected to the "other" network? That could explain it.

Brian Atkinson | vExpert | VMTN Moderator | Author of "VCP5-DCV VMware Certified Professional-Data Center Virtualization on vSphere 5.5 Study Guide: VCP-550" | @vmroyale | http://vmroyale.com

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
vmroyale
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Note: Discussion successfully moved from Enterprise Strategy & Planning to VMware vSphere™ vNetwork

Did you take a snapshot of this VM, while it was still connected to the "other" network? That could explain it.

Brian Atkinson | vExpert | VMTN Moderator | Author of "VCP5-DCV VMware Certified Professional-Data Center Virtualization on vSphere 5.5 Study Guide: VCP-550" | @vmroyale | http://vmroyale.com
0 Kudos
rickardnobel
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

I agree with Brian, most likely a snapshot taken at some point in time when the VM was on the other network. The original VMX file with the vNID attached to the first vSwitch still exist in the snapshot. Look at the snapshot manager for the VM and see if any, perhaps old, snapshot remains.

My VMware blog: www.rickardnobel.se