VMware Cloud Community
HiroNakamura
Contributor
Contributor

Cisco Nexus 1000v SNMP counters bug

Hello,

I am using Cisco Nexus 1000v version 4.2(1)SV2(2.1a).

I am trying to use SNMP to measure the traffic on each vEthernet of the switch but I encounter the bug described here https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCue50621 causing spikes on my traffic measurement software (Cacti).

According to this bug report the bug is resolved in versions 5.2(1)SV2(2.1) and 5.2(1)SK1(1.1). But the latest official version I can find is 4.2(1)SV2(2.2).

So is this a typo or do actually versions 5.2(1)SV2(2.1) and 5.2(1)SK1(1.1) exist?

If it is a typo then on version 4.2(1)SV2(2.2) release notes refers to this bug (CSCue50621) as an open caveat which if I understand correctly it is not resolved?

In other words, will upgrading to 4.2(1)SV2(2.2) resolve the issue with the SNMP counters?

If not, is there another workaround on the problem?

Also I noticed that the CLI counters are being reset also each time I take a snapshot on a VM. So is it possible I am encountering a different bug since the bug report mentions that CLI counters are a workaround to the problem?

I understand that this is a Cisco bug and not a VMware bug but I was hoping someone might have encountered this and has some solution to it Smiley Happy

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
chriswahl
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

According to this bug report the bug is resolved in versions 5.2(1)SV2(2.1) and 5.2(1)SK1(1.1). But the latest official version I can find is 4.2(1)SV2(2.2).

So is this a typo or do actually versions 5.2(1)SV2(2.1) and 5.2(1)SK1(1.1) exist?

Must be a typo or perhaps it's an internal release that has not gone GA.. The latest 1000v code is 4.2. There is no 5.x at this time.

The "Open Caveats" sections list open caveats that apply to the current release and may apply to previous releases. A caveat that is open for a prior release and is still unresolved applies to all future releases until it is resolved.

VCDX #104 (DCV, NV) ஃ WahlNetwork.com ஃ @ChrisWahl ஃ Author, Networking for VMware Administrators
0 Kudos