VMware Cloud Community
Suri786
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Addition a new Host in already created vDistributed Switch

I want to add new Host in Distributed Switch however I have created distributed switch in new Data-Center.

Please Help out......, how can add new host in already created vDistributed Switch.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Suri786
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thank you for the reply.My issue has been resolved. Actually, i created vDS with option "vSphere Distributed Switch Version 5.1.0 " and trying  to add the host version 5.0.0. Now, i have added the host in vDS after upgrading the version of existing host machine.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
f10
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hi,

Take a look at the VMware documentaion and you will find the preceise steps required for add ESXi hosts to vDS

VMware Doc Link - vSphere 5.5 Documentation Center if you are using Web Client.

VMware vSphere 5.1 - If you are using traditional vSphere Client 

You can find for section "Add Hosts to a vSphere Distributed Switch" in the search option.

Let me know if you face any issues.

-f10

Regards, Arun Pandey VCP 3,4,5 | VCAP-DCA | NCDA | HPUX-CSA | http://highoncloud.blogspot.in/ If you found this or other information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful".
Suri786
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thank you for the reply.My issue has been resolved. Actually, i created vDS with option "vSphere Distributed Switch Version 5.1.0 " and trying  to add the host version 5.0.0. Now, i have added the host in vDS after upgrading the version of existing host machine.

0 Kudos