VMware Cloud Community
bchizumkina
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Add VLAN to vmnic

Hello everyone. (I've attached a few image snips.)

I need to add VLAN 127 (10.127.1.1/24) to vmnic5, which currently sits on host ESX3. ( (This will be a secondary nic that uses a separate vlan to access our Exchange server.)

The VLAN is created and active, and cdp is set to "listening" on the adapter.

So ... 1) how do I make the vmnic active, and then 2) "see" and utilize VLAN 127?

If this isn't possible, do I add another VM Port Group to the original VM Network? Can I add a second observed IP range to an existing network adapter?

Thanks for the time.

-Brandon

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Yes - you should just be able to type replace None with 127

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

VLAN are added by the VM Port group - so add a new port group and assign it VLAN 127 and make sure the physoca; NICs associated with that VLAN

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
bchizumkina
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks weinstein5.

When you state that I should "assign" the port group, is this where/how I should complete the task?

127_4.JPG

0 Kudos
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Yes - you should just be able to type replace None with 127

0 Kudos
bchizumkina
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Replace "None" with 127, and presuming the switch is properly trunked, be able to see the "new" vlan, then?

0 Kudos
chriswahl
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Correct. Type 127 into the VLAN ID box.

VCDX #104 (DCV, NV) ஃ WahlNetwork.com ஃ @ChrisWahl ஃ Author, Networking for VMware Administrators
0 Kudos