VMware Cloud Community
mkhatri
Contributor
Contributor

10GB nic not detected

Hello Guys,

I need some help. I am just a beginner at VMWARE and maybe I am missing something here. So would like your expertise in the question below:

I had setup a new HP DL585 Server with ESX4.1 and all was ok.

I then received a 10GB nic ( HP NC522SFP+ Dual Port 10Gb Ethernet Adapter) . After connecting it to the Server and switching on the server, on VMWARE I got PSOD. after searching on the net, I found a solution for that and required installation of drivers from the link http://downloads.vmware.com/d/details/esx40_qla_nx_nic_dt/ZHcqYmRocGRidGR3

After installation , ESX wa normal. However, when I access the host's network adapters I dont see the 10Gb nic in the list.

I have 3 similar servers and they all behave the same way.

Could someone guide me if I am missing something here

thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal

inside the ISO is a readme.txt file. This will give you instructions on how to install the drivers. I've attached it, just in case

0 Kudos
mkhatri
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Troy..but thats the exact procedure I had used...when I got PSODon the ESX Host..

0 Kudos
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal

if the 10GB NICs are still not showing up after installing the drivers, then you may be installing the wrong drivers. How was it confirmed the drivers you installed are the correct ones for your NICs?

0 Kudos
mkhatri
Contributor
Contributor

OK..I found the culprit.

The 10G nic card was sitting next to FC HBA slot and probably with the design of those two slots in DL585, it didnt allow the 10G nic to be recognized. As a standard , I had the same hardware configuration on all the three machines and thats why the problem was on all the 3. after changing the slot for FC HBA it started working and I could see the network card in the list

Thank You

0 Kudos