VMware Cloud Community
Sn0wFox
Contributor
Contributor

vsphere-client, vsphere-ui service dosn't start on vcsa 6.5

Hello,

I'm new to this forum so please don't mind if I may miss something. I wanted to reset all certificates for vcsa 6.5 but after this operation several services don't come up again:

vmcam, vmware-imagebuilder, vmware-mbcs, vmware-netdumper, vmware-perfcharts, vmware-vcha, vsphere-client, vsphere-ui

The most important for me are vsphere-client, vsphere-ui. I have found the log folders under /var/log/vmware/ but i don't know which logfiles are logging the service startup.

When i look at the Web-UI i get following error:

503 Service Unavailable (Failed to connect to endpoint: [N7Vmacore4Http16LocalServiceSpecE:0x00007f4ca80e1b20] _serverNamespace = /ui action = Allow _port = 5090)

Please help me, i'dont know how to solve this problem and I don't want to rebuild the vcsa...

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AishR
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Looks like this issue is due to SSL certificate try resetting the certificates. FOr more information, see Managing Certificates with the vSphere Certificate Manager Utility

0 Kudos
Nick_Andreev
Expert
Expert

What was the reason for resetting certificates? Could you also specify exactly what you did (commands ran, configuration changes made) prior to the issue happening.

---
If you found my answers helpful please consider marking them as helpful or correct.
VCIX-DCV, VCIX-NV, VCAP-CMA | vExpert '16, '17, '18
Blog: http://niktips.wordpress.com | Twitter: @nick_andreev_au
0 Kudos