VMware Cloud Community
Ghell
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

vSphere client install error J# 4113

I have installed vSphere on a server and visited it by IP address in my browser. It gave me a link to download the vSphere client. However, when I try to install this client I get the following error:

-

VMware vSphere Client 4.0

-

The Microsoft Visual J# 2.0 Second Edition installer returned error code '4113'.

-

OK

-

If I extract the installer with WinRar, it says:

-

VMware vSphere Client 4.0

-

Error 25070.Setup has detected that the Microsoft

Visual J# 2.0 Second Edition pre-requisite is not

installed on this system. Please install this pre-requisite

and try again.

-

OK

-

I am running Windows Vista x64, which comes with .net 2.0 and 3 and I also have Visual Studio 2005 installed on the machine so I don't know why it is trying to install this in the first place, let alone why it is failing.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mcwill
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

I had this, all you need do is uninstall the existing Microsoft Visual J# via the Control Panel.

Once uninstalled rerun the vSphere install and it will complete without error.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies
mcwill
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

I had this, all you need do is uninstall the existing Microsoft Visual J# via the Control Panel.

Once uninstalled rerun the vSphere install and it will complete without error.

0 Kudos
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

oops... spoke to soon.

0 Kudos
callemann2009
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Same problem on Windows 7

and uninstall the existing Microsoft Visual J# worked perfect.

But....

see "Cannot launch vSphere Client after installing in Windows 7"

awaiting solution....

0 Kudos
MattPickering
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I ran into the 1603 fatal J# error on a new install of Windows 7 Professional. Tried a few things (didn't see J# in add/remove programs) and decided to just reload Win7 since it was a new install - that took care of the issue.

For running vSphere client on a Win7 Box, this solution has worked for me:

http://www.techhead.co.uk/running-vmware-vsphere-client-on-windows-7

0 Kudos
ChuckBass
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I had the same problem and Uninstalled the existing version and installed an updated version from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=42C46554-5313-4348-BF81-9BB133518945&displa.... vSphere installed fine after that.

0 Kudos
Valamas
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you Chuck. You answer is the correct one that solved my issue installing on Windows 7 64bit.

0 Kudos
Biged781
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I created an account here specifically to comment on this issue. After using your website, I have a few more comments...

First, I like VMWare.  I use Fusion on my Mac and I am a proponent of your software in the office.  I attempted to install the vSphere Client on my dev machine today and ran into this error.  This ticket has been open for two years and has not been fixed.  Why your installer fails to run if the J# redistributable is already installed is beyond me, but it is unnacptable (or at least should be) to let somethign as simple as this linger for such a long time.

J# is installed alongside Visual Studio by default.  I'm sure you have many, many customers using Visual Studio, meaning that they run into this same problem.  Why start people off with a bad opinion of your software before they can even use it?  It's just lazy.

Onto your website now, and I'll make this nice and succinct:

1.  Your registration form is ridiculous.  Really, you want my phone number, my address, and you require a strong password for a site like this?  Give me a break.

2.  I cannot start a new thread. Why?  No idea, it just says that I don't have permission.  Why woudl I not have permission to start a new thread in a forum after I join?  Again, ridiculous.

3.  Your default login page does not have a link to start a new account that I could locate.  I got to your login page in a different way and there it is.  Awesome.

Seriously guys, software is bad enough to deal with in general, don't make my life harder.  Your emulators are top notch, please put the same effort into other aspects of your front end suite.

0 Kudos
aburt
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Found this thread after having the same problem with J# 4113 error.

Solution I found was forcing the installer to run silently - the installer attempts to install J# within the InstallUISequence portion of the MSI so you can avoid this by running using the commandline option:

VMware-viclient-all-4.1.0-345043.exe /v/qb!

Popol31
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I got the same error under Windows 7 64 bits; I applied the solution suggested by Calledman2009: de-install "Microsoft Visual J# 2.0 Distribution Package" -- it was a 32 bits install. Re-run the setup for VSphere Client (

), and now it installed like a charm.

Noticed that now the 64 bits version of J# is installed: "Microsoft Visual J# 2.0 Distribution Package - SE(x64)"

Thanks Calledman2009!

0 Kudos
radupopa2010
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

WORKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS 

#fixvsphereinwindows10

Recently I have upgraded windows from 7 to 10.

I had issues with installing Vsphere 5.5

running  VMware-viclient-all-5.5.0-1993072 /v/qb!  in command line  worked for me

GeorgePerkins
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Worked for me installing VMware vSphere Client 5.0 on Windows 2012 R2 Server, here is what I had to do:

1. Install .Net Framework 3.5 (first had to mount the Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 ISO and point the Add roles and Features to the SXS folder on that ISO)

2. Install .Net Framework 3.5 SP1 (used Windows Update)

3. Saved the installer downloaded from the HTTP://esx5host (this file is named VMware-viclient.exe)

4. Right-click on VMware-viclient.exe > Properties > Compatibility tab > Run this program in compatibility mode for: "Windows XP (Service Pack 3)"

5. Elevated CMD prompt:  C:\Users\Myuser\Downloads> VMware-viclient.exe /v/qb!

6. Be patient, the installer seems to take a while.

0 Kudos