VMware Cloud Community
sdmcnamara2841
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

vSphere & View Compatibility

VMware's upgrade advisor still states that vCenter 4.0 & ESX 4.0. Does anyone know when a vSphere compatible version of View will release? Also, does anyone know:

1. If I upgrade to vSphere will my current View Manager continue to function connecting clients to VMs or would the upgrade render View inoperable?

2. I assume that upgrading to vSphere would cause Composer to be unable to create new pools, could anyone verify?

3. Any thoughts on what other negative impact upgrading to vSphere would have on a production View environment?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

>VMware's upgrade advisor still states that vCenter 4.0 & ESX 4.0. Does anyone know when a vSphere compatible version of View will release? Also, does anyone know:

View 4.0 is in beta now, but VMware won't comment of future releases

If I upgrade to vSphere will my current View Manager continue to function connecting clients to VMs or would the upgrade render View inoperable?

I wouldn't upgrade until View4.0 is officially supported. If using linked clones it will not work.

I assume that upgrading to vSphere would cause Composer to be unable to create new pools, could anyone verify?

exactly.

Any thoughts on what other negative impact upgrading to vSphere would have on a production View environment?

My thoughts are until it is supported, wait. Whatever issues that may arise using View 3.x on a vSphere4 environment will come down to a non-supported enviornment.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

>VMware's upgrade advisor still states that vCenter 4.0 & ESX 4.0. Does anyone know when a vSphere compatible version of View will release? Also, does anyone know:

View 4.0 is in beta now, but VMware won't comment of future releases

If I upgrade to vSphere will my current View Manager continue to function connecting clients to VMs or would the upgrade render View inoperable?

I wouldn't upgrade until View4.0 is officially supported. If using linked clones it will not work.

I assume that upgrading to vSphere would cause Composer to be unable to create new pools, could anyone verify?

exactly.

Any thoughts on what other negative impact upgrading to vSphere would have on a production View environment?

My thoughts are until it is supported, wait. Whatever issues that may arise using View 3.x on a vSphere4 environment will come down to a non-supported enviornment.

0 Kudos