VMware Cloud Community
Smoggy
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

vSphere Install & Upgrade

As you will have seen there is a lot of new vSphere content linked from here:

http://communities.vmware.com/community/vmtn/vsphere

Anyone out there looking for a good place to start I would definitely recommend reviewing the four "Step-by-Step" migration videos contained within the upgrade center site:

best regards,

Lee Dilworth

0 Kudos
5 Replies
packetboy
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Smoggy,

Any idea on when the Admin PDF guides will be available? It would be really nice if they were released before GA so I can get reading and get prepared..

Packetboy.

0 Kudos
Smoggy
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi Packetboy,

let me check with the relevant team responsible for the docs and I will update this thread as soon as I get an ETA for publication. Did you have access to the beta versions of the docs?

also we are going to release the second "VMBook" (first was published last year on DR). Ths time the topic covered will be vSphere upgrade in depth.

Again as soon as I have the URL for that will post here. For the vSphere VMBook the intention is to definitely make that available pre-GA.

Best regards,

Lee Dilworth

0 Kudos
azn2kew
Champion
Champion

Thanks for the links it was very good tutorials, happen to know any VI 4.0 admin guide located or available?

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!

Regards,

Stefan Nguyen

VMware vExpert 2009

iGeek Systems Inc.

VMware, Citrix, Microsoft Consultant

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!! Regards, Stefan Nguyen VMware vExpert 2009 iGeek Systems Inc. VMware vExpert, VCP 3 & 4, VSP, VTSP, CCA, CCEA, CCNA, MCSA, EMCSE, EMCISA
0 Kudos
packetboy
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Smoggy .. Unfortunately I did not have access to the beta Smiley Sad However even the beta pdf documents would be a good start !

0 Kudos
Smoggy
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

OK so I have spoken to the relevant people and the docs will be online as soon as the code is ready for download. there is no plan as of today to make the documentation available before the code download.

You might also want to take a look for now at the migration videos if you haven't already:

and also the vSphere migration pre-reqs document:

0 Kudos