VMware Cloud Community
kscottmyers
Contributor
Contributor

vSphere Crashing on Mac mini

First let me say - I know vSphere isn't officially supported by VMware - that being said, there are plenty of folks running it on a Mac mini with no issues - as I have on several different models for years.

I'm getting the PSOD on a new install with a Mac mini running vSphere version 5.5. It runs fine for a day or two and then crashes. Can someone point in the the right direction by looking at the code shown on the screen after the crash?

Thanks - Scott

IMG_0796.JPG

0 Kudos
4 Replies
tedg_vCrumbs
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Do you have an VM's that happen to be running with an E1000 family adapter?

The PSOD would indicate you do.

VMware KB: VMware ESXi 5.x host experiences a purple diagnostic screen mentioning E1000PollRxRing an...

While the error is not exactly the same as the article I would try to change any E1000 family adapters to VMXNET3.

------ tedg Don't forget to mark posts as helpful or correct if they deserve it!
0 Kudos
kscottmyers
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the reply.

I'm running 4 OS X VMs and the E1000 is the only option available for the nic type. I don't see any way to change it. I also have a thunderbolt network adapter thats used for a NFS share for a larger storage data store. The VMs are booting from an internal SSD Data Store. This is quite perplexing because I have other Mac minis using the same basic setup with no issues at all.

Any other suggestions?

0 Kudos
tedg_vCrumbs
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

My mistake I meant to suggest E1000 to E1000e. I have seen other posts where users had better luck with that adapter.

As here.

Re: still PSoD with e1000 (esxi5.5U2) (OSX 10.9.2 Server) E14 E1000TxTSOSend E1000PollTxRing.

------ tedg Don't forget to mark posts as helpful or correct if they deserve it!
0 Kudos
kscottmyers
Contributor
Contributor

I'll give it a try. Thanks.

0 Kudos