VMware Cloud Community
MercurySAIC
Contributor
Contributor

vSphere Client issue after vCenter got Update 1

We recently upgraded vCenter to 4.0 U1. When I connected via my client it asked me to run or download the update for it. I chose download, then ran the installer. After it completed, at next login I get a series of error messages:

"Method not found: 'VMware.CustomControls.LabelEx VpxVlient.Common.Util.Helper.AddLabel(System,Windows,Forms,Control, Int32, Int32, ......"

After clicking through them I do get connected but any time I try something storage related (EMC or NetApp plugins) I get error messages similar to:

"Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than size of collection. Parameter name: index"

or I get page not found errors.

Anybody got a clue? Thanks! Screen shots attached.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

Welcome to the Forums - I am not sure what happened but since the vSphere client install is simple I would uninstall and reinstall to see if that clears it up -

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
MercurySAIC
Contributor
Contributor

I have uninstalled, reinstalled and upgrade THREE times all with the

same result!

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Try uninstalling all vSphere plugins, too.

Then reinstall and test the vSphere Client, if it works reinstall your plugins.

André

0 Kudos
ludovicp
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

i have the same problems with EMC Plugin.

The plugin not work, I have no information in Emc Log file.

And the error message

Method not found: 'VMware.CustomControls.LabelEx VpxClient.Common.Util.Helper.AddLabel(System.Windows.Forms.Control, Int32, Int32, System.String, System.Drawing.FontStyle, Boolean)'.

The VI client build is 208111.

EMC Storage is 2.0

EMC Soltion Enabler is V7.0.1.0-956

Thanks

Ludoivc

0 Kudos
ludovicp
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

for me the issue is solved

I install new version of plugin

Solution Enalbler 7.1.1.0-1026

Virtual Storage Integartor 3.0.0.0

and now it's working fin no need resintall Vcenter Client

Have a nice day

Ludovic

0 Kudos
LeeTheMC
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Between 4.0 GA and 4.0 U1, VMware changed some utility helper functions that third-party plug-ins use. As a result, those plug-ins need to change for the U1 release. So if you upgrade your vSphere Client to U1 then you'll also need to remove and re-install the specific plug-in that you are working with. The plug-in installer should then recognize that vSphere Client U1 is installed, and subsequently it will install the U1 version of its binaries. Make sense? Its an unfortunate situation, but it should get better in the future.

0 Kudos
Silverchenau
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Same issue happened to me with U2 version.

I have downloaded the latest version of EMC virtual Storage Integrator v3.0.0.31_hotfix.

My client and server is using build 258672.

Reinstall EMC VSI doesn’t solve problem.

Reinstall Enable se7110.

Any ideas?

my Vmware blog: http://geeksilverblog.com

- Silver My Vmware blog: http://geeksilverblog.com
0 Kudos
LeeTheMC
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

The root cause of the problem is the same as described previously. I expect a hotfix from EMC shortly to resolve the problem. In the meantime you'll need to continue using a Update 1 vSphere Client if possible.

0 Kudos
RParker
Immortal
Immortal

Any ideas?

As LeeTheMC says..

Some vendors don't update their tools as quickly, and thus incompatible tools. So you may have to revert to the previous version until a new patch is released that supports the new vCenter client.

0 Kudos
LeeTheMC
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

This issue has been fixed. There is a hotfix available for EMC Virtual Storage Integrator (3.0.0 build 32) on Powerlink.

VSI 3.0.0.32 Hotfix is now posted in Powerlink at Home > Support > Software Downloads and Licensing > Downloads T-Z > Virtual Storage Integrator (VSI)

0 Kudos
firestartah
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Awesome the latest hotfix fixes it as LeeTheMC stated. Reckon this needs to be marked as answered....

Gregg Robertson

If you found this or other information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Gregg http://thesaffageek.co.uk
0 Kudos