Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

vSphere 5.5: SSO Web Server: How to find which vCenter(s) are using the server

I'm upgrading the following components of a vSphere 5.5 system:

V5.5 SSO Server (Windows)
V5.5 SSO Web Server (Windows)
V5.5 vCenter Server & hosts (Windows)

I've successfully completed this exercise recently on the customer's DR environment- OMG what a pain! But we got there. I was told that the only components using SSO in the DR environment were the above.

Now I am upgrading the customer's PROD environment however the SSO server is, from what I can see, connected to 2x different customers' vCenters. So I want to be careful with this environment and check for myself which vCenters are using the SSO Server and SSO Web server, but am finding it difficult to find this info.

How do I find the details of attached vCenters in the SSO servers?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ashilkrishnan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi @JDMils_Interact ,

Option 1:

Run 'ssolscli.cmd' from SSO server to list service registrations. Please refer the section for 5.5 --> List of Services Registered with SSO 

Option 2: 

Connect to vCenter web client --> Select the vCenter in the  inventory --> Manage --> Advanced settings --> Search for 'config.vpxd.sso'. This will give you the SSO server URL(Refer attached screenshot)

Hope that helps

Please mark my comment as the Correct Answer/Kudos if this solution resolved your problem

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ashilkrishnan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi @JDMils_Interact ,

Option 1:

Run 'ssolscli.cmd' from SSO server to list service registrations. Please refer the section for 5.5 --> List of Services Registered with SSO 

Option 2: 

Connect to vCenter web client --> Select the vCenter in the  inventory --> Manage --> Advanced settings --> Search for 'config.vpxd.sso'. This will give you the SSO server URL(Refer attached screenshot)

Hope that helps

Please mark my comment as the Correct Answer/Kudos if this solution resolved your problem

0 Kudos
JDMils_Interact
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

It worked on the SSO server. What about the external web server, I could not find the respective commands on the file system. How does the external web server fit in with the vCenter? Is it one web server per vCenter or can one web server handle multiple vCenters? If the latter then I need to get the same info from the external SSO web server.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
ashilkrishnan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Each vCenter will have it's own web client service. Please check the vpxd.cfg on vCenter to get URLs for services

C:\ProgramData\VMware\VMware VirtualCenter\vpxd.cfg

Hope that helps

0 Kudos
JDMils_Interact
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks Ashilkrishnan, I was hoping to see from the external web server which vCenter were using it - so when i decom the web server I know which vCenters will be affected.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

@JDMils_Interact 

Moderator: Moved to vSphere Upgrade & Install Discussions

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos