VMware Cloud Community
THADC
Contributor
Contributor

vCenter Server not Supported on this Platform - Error on install

Hello,

I just downloaded my 60 day eval version of vSphere 5.0. When I initiated the install of vCenter Server 5.0 (from vCenter Installer), I received the following error:

vCenter Server is not supported on this platform. Refer to the installation guide for the supported list of platforms. Make sure windows is not running as Domain Controller.

I am running Windows 7 Professional on an AMD Phenom II X4 920 Processor-based system with 8 Gig of RAM and essentially a Terabyte of disk space.

I am just trying to perform a simple setup to prepare for my VCP5 certification.

Any responses are appreciated. Thank you!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
THADC
Contributor
Contributor

I suspect my problem is that I am not running on Server 2003 or higher (basic requirement). So, nevermind! :smileysilly:

0 Kudos
aravinds3107
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

vCenter should be installed on a 64 bis OS not a 32 bit OS

Refer best practise here

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful |Blog: http://aravindsivaraman.com/ | Twitter : ss_aravind
0 Kudos
vmwaresuresh
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Friends,

Vcenter Server is not supported for me on windows 7 64 bit Home premium SP1. I have tried over some tech sites to download Insted software and

edited something but it doesnt work. If any1 guide me to install this one in my Laptop, it will be very useful for me.

Thanks in advance,

Suresh.

0 Kudos