VMware Cloud Community
srwsol
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

vCenter Server Appliance 6.5 Hardware Sensors Missing

Hi folks:

I just upgraded to vCenter Server 6.5 appliance from version 6.0, and while the upgrade went smoothly, I'm no longer able to see any hardware sensors on either of my two hosts (I have just the Essentials bundle).   The two hosts are still running ESXi 6.0u2.  The sensors are still there because I can see them on the old vsphere thick client when I connect directly to the hosts.  I've tried updating the sensors, resetting the sensors, shutting down and restarting the appliance, and I also tried removing one of the hosts from the appliance inventory and disassociating it, then connecting it back up again as a new host, and I still don't get any hardware sensors.  This is true on both the HTML 5 and Flash versions of the appliance client, so I don't think it's strictly a UI issue.

Suggestions welcome.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
srwsol
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Afraid that's not the issue.  The Hardware Status link is there, but it simply says "No Records to Display" instead of showing me the sensors. 

0 Kudos
srwsol
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I upgraded one host to ESXi 6.5 and now the hardware sensors do not appear on the host html5 client nor the vCenter Server html5 client or the Flash client.   However the hardware sensors do appear in the old C client when it is connected directly to the host.

0 Kudos
srwsol
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

As this problem also happens on the ESXi 6.5 host html 5 interface, I don't think the problem is specifically in vCenter Server.   There is another thread in the ESXi 6 forum that has referenced the issue which I'm linking to here, and I would suggest that all further posts be directed to that thread.

https://communities.vmware.com/thread/547244

0 Kudos
EstherP
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi again.

For those who upgraded vCenter from versión 6.0 to versión 6.5 and the "hardware sensors" were missing, with "no data available", here the First "workaround"

I have to say, that this workaround is not working for me completly, becuase after implementing, I can see all the hardware sensors visible (this is the part that is working), but if I remove a disk, or unplug a power cable, vCenter does not realize that there has been a hardware failure, and the warning is not created, unless I click manually in "Update"

I have done this in my testlab and it would be perfect if someone with the same problema, can run the workaround, and do some test, in order to see if the vCenter can automatically update, the hardware status.

0 Kudos
shanceaylown
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

How to fix inaccurate Xeon D Hardware Health sensor readings on VMware ESXi 6.5, since sfcbd CIM ser...

--- If you find this post useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful" Leonardo Nicolini | VCP6-DCV | VCP5-DCV | MCP @shanceaylown | https://it.linkedin.com/in/leonardonicolini
0 Kudos