we had the same problem as other users with 4.0 U1 now with vCenter 5.0 U1. Plugins are enabled and in vCenter Service Status I got:
"Cannot access the health service"
I read all KB's about it, but still no success. We did not open SR yet.
Info about situation:
- w2k8R2, paths are fine (no need to change path in server.xml (tomcat) due to these two paths go to the same files.
- CUSTOM certs are fine, tomcat is listening on 8443, plugins are enabled
- Java is 1.6.0_29, but it was installed by VC installation program
- I downloaded newdata.zip and extracted to c:\Program Files\VMware\Infrastructure\tomcat\webapps\vws\ - there was no data\ catalog before. Files are 'archive' attribute and I am logged in as local administrator (rights)
- Services are running by LocalSystem
- I do not have servlet-api.jar - I checked here and noticed there was the same error when someone deleted JRE. I checked Tomcat configuration utility and all looks OK here...
- I also have lots of org.apache.tomcat.util.http.Parameters processParameters WARNING: Parameters: Invalid chunk '' ignored.
I had a similar error, along with a number of others.
Turned out the Webservices service needed to run as an account that had permissions to the vCenter database / vSphere environment (I always remove the local "Administrators" group).
Give it a whirl and see if it helps.
it didn't help - I mean starting VM services as domain account - the same errors as I attached in my previous post.
Any other solutions? Maybe still problems with SSL, but it seems to be OK, because services are starting and connection via HTTPS is also working fine and even UM is working fine with own key.