VMware Cloud Community
gmaze
Contributor
Contributor

upgraded to vsphere 5.1

I upgraded my vcenter to vsphere 5.1 and all my hosts to esxi 5.1 The problem I am having is when I select the console tab in vcenter to view a guest sevrer it comes up with a black screen. After 30 secons or so I finnaly get the windows screen. Any suggestions. Before I upgrade it was instantly bringing up the windows screen.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

I have moved this over to the upgrade forum to see if anyone has experienced similar behavior post upgrade.

0 Kudos
aravinds3107
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I havent seen any issues, Do you have VMware tools & Virtual Hardwares updated to the latest version on the VM's

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful |Blog: http://aravindsivaraman.com/ | Twitter : ss_aravind
0 Kudos
gmaze
Contributor
Contributor

Yes Hardware and VMtools up to date. I just found something wierd. When logging into the client using the check box for widows credentials I have this problem with the console tab taking 30 to 45 seconds to bring up the windows screen of the guest server. Also the same if I right click the guest server and select open console. Here is what is wierd. If I log into the client NOT using the check box for windows credentials it works like it should. It bring the console up in a couple seconds. So what is the difference?

0 Kudos
EdWilts
Expert
Expert

We haven't upgraded to 5.1 yet but this smells like an SSO issue.

.../Ed (VCP4, VCP5)
0 Kudos