VMware Cloud Community
ferexderta
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

upgrade/migration

I want to upgrade my vmware infrastructure 5.5 to 6.5 so I need a excel document . how to make the steps I'll show my boss. upgrade documents like excel

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ganeshpal
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi Ferex,

For upgrade you have to check compatibility of your existing hardware of server, storage , network and your application compatibility which is running in your production.

Below is some reference link , hope it will support you. Please do your homework before upgrade or migration.

VMware Product Interoperability Matrices

vCenter Server Upgrade Compatibility

https://vinfrastructure.it/2018/04/its-time-to-upgrade-from-vsphere-5-5-to-6-5/

Upgrading / Migrating from vSphere 5.x to 6.x (6.5 , 6.7) best practices & Approach – Siva Sankar Bl...

View solution in original post

4 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

So you want us to custom write a complete upgrade/migration document and hand it over to you? Sorry, that's probably not going to happen. You're welcome to read the product documentation on vSphere Upgrades and ask specific questions, then write your own migration plan based off it.

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

It's unfortunately not that easy, i.e. there's no rule of thumb for this.

It all depends on many factors, starting with hardware, and software compatibility, the features which are in use, 3rd-party applications, ...

To build an update plan, one needs an exact overview of the current environment.

André

0 Kudos
Ganeshpal
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi Ferex,

For upgrade you have to check compatibility of your existing hardware of server, storage , network and your application compatibility which is running in your production.

Below is some reference link , hope it will support you. Please do your homework before upgrade or migration.

VMware Product Interoperability Matrices

vCenter Server Upgrade Compatibility

https://vinfrastructure.it/2018/04/its-time-to-upgrade-from-vsphere-5-5-to-6-5/

Upgrading / Migrating from vSphere 5.x to 6.x (6.5 , 6.7) best practices & Approach – Siva Sankar Bl...

Wolken
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

0 Kudos