ChebbahAmine
Contributor
Contributor

unable to upgrade from 6.7 to 7.0 Noeud Nutanix

Hello, 

can you please help me.

issue: unable to upgrade from 6.7 to 7.0 Noeud Nutanix: 

[InstallationError]
The pending transaction requires 244 MB free space, however the maximum supported size is 239 MB. Please refer to the log file for more details. (Upgrades to ESXi 7.x from 6.5.x and 6.7.0 by using ESXCLI might fail due to a space limitation (81302).

should i delete those VIB:

brcmfcoe  

elxiscsi

qfle3f

qfle3i 

fc-enablement  

net-fcoe

Can you confirm that this does not impact the stability of the nodes?

Regards,

Amine

0 Kudos
1 Reply
DurhamNeil
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I've done this exact upgrade on 17 Nutanix nodes (ESXi 6.7 to ESXi 7.0) however I used the Nutanix 'Prism Element' GUI, not the CLI of the hypervisor to do it.

Log into Prism Element, go to 'settings', 'upgrade software', select hypervisor, upload the 7.0 hypervisor iso (after you check compatibility for your hardware: https://portal.nutanix.com/page/documents/compatibility-interoperability-matrix) then press update!

Prism will update one node at a time, and not start updating the next node until data resiliency at your chosen replication factor on your cluster has returned again (ie after a node is updated successful and enough time has passed for metadata to be shared again on the node that has been off for a little while).

Afterwards in vSphere center, check compliance of the nodes on the Updates tab & remediate any patches needed since the ISO you used was released.

Hope this helps!

VCP-DVC 2022 & CCNA
0 Kudos