VMware Cloud Community
gbattiston
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

steps to upgrade vcenter 5.5 update 2b to update 2e

Got a notice from Security that there is a JRE vulnerability and to resolve this issue VMware recommends upgrading to vcenter 5.5 update 2e from my update 2b.  I'm trying to find out a doc to follow and am not seeing anything other than the initial vcenter installation guide.  Has anyone had to move from update 2x to 2e and is there any concerns to be aware of?

I am starting to get the feeling that all components need to be re-installed- SSO, Inventory, Web etc but really do hope that is not the case.

Any feedback is welcome

thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dhanarajramesh
Jump to solution

just do in-place upgrade and follow the same steps as first time installation. you don't need to re-install everything.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
dhanarajramesh
Jump to solution

just do in-place upgrade and follow the same steps as first time installation. you don't need to re-install everything.

0 Kudos
gbattiston
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

by in place upgrade are you saying mount the 5.5 2e install media and run through the setups?  If so then all components are re installed in the same order.  Is this correct? (SSO, Web Client Inventory and finally vCenter)

I should also add that I've got 2 vcenter servers in linked mode.  See any concern with this setup to upgrade?