VMware Cloud Community
Thomas40
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

"Hardware RNG raw data failed health check" installation error, upgrading from ESXi 6.7 to ESXi 7.0

Does anybody know how to troubleshoot the "Hardware RNG raw data failed health check" installation error?

The system runs well VMware vSphere Hypervisor 6.7 U2.

I am getting this error when I try to upgrade to vSphere Hypervisor (ESXi) 7.0b.

IMG_20200801_202532.jpg

Thanks,

Toma

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

From a few posts I found online, it seems this can happen with outdated BIOS versions.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Did you find this helpful? Let us know by completing this survey (takes 1 minute!)"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog

View solution in original post

3 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

From a few posts I found online, it seems this can happen with outdated BIOS versions.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Did you find this helpful? Let us know by completing this survey (takes 1 minute!)"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
sudeshnas
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi Thomas40,

The PSOD reports cpu kernel panic too.

Would suggest you to update the BIOS, firmware, driver of the host to latest and then proceed with the esxi upgrade to 7.0.

Regards,

Sudeshna Sarkar,

Install-Upgrade Speceialist

Thomas40
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I updated the BIOS and it worked.