VMware Cloud Community
tdubb123
Expert
Expert

psc HA with A10

does vmware only support psc HA only ith F5 and citrix netscaler? how about A10 or other LBs?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
npadmani
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Please take a look into following KB

VMware KB: vCenter Single Sign-On and Platform Services Controller High Availability Compatibility M...

Screen Shot 2015-11-27 at 9.54.47 AM.png

so, it's just those three which are listed NSX-v, Citrix NetScaler and F5 NLBs. Within same KB, they are suggesting following for any other LBs that you might want to use.

Customers seeking to add support for any additional third-party high availability load balancers may file a Feature Request or engage their VMware account team in filing a Request for Feature Enhancement (RFE) via a Request for Price Quotation (RPQ). For more information, see:

Narendra Padmani VCIX6-DCV | VCIX7-CMA | VCI | TOGAF 9 Certified
0 Kudos
tdubb123
Expert
Expert

Hi

I found this

https://featurewalkthrough.vmware.com/#!/vsphere-6-0/vcenter-server-install/vcenter-server-6-0-psc-h...

and it says all I need to do it make a virtual IP and make it load balance on TCP 443, 2012, 2014, 2020, 389, 636

Is that correct?

0 Kudos
npadmani
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Feature walkthrough, is more about giving generic steps about setting up PSCs in HA mode, using NLB solutions.

Now when it comes to using particular NLB solution, specially in production environment, we don't want to go out of supported scenario. And if we look into original KB I referred, it's clearly mentioned that officially either VMware supported or partner supported NLBs are those three suggested.

apart from those, if you have a need to use any other load balancer then you got to have a word with VMware support to find out if it's a good idea to go with it, or not.

Narendra Padmani VCIX6-DCV | VCIX7-CMA | VCI | TOGAF 9 Certified
0 Kudos