VMware Cloud Community
peterjakobs67
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

mixed linked mode problem

2 virtual centers in linked mode, main is still 4.0, other is upgraded to 4.1.

Vsphere client gets update, even if you connect to the old virtual center, which is right.

If i try to connect an ISO image to a virtual machine on the 4.0 farm, it remains in connecting. It never gets connected and I need to close the vsphere client. Connecting iso images on the 4.1 farm works fine.

Only after removing the linked mode I was able to connect an ISO image to a virtual machine on the old farm.

4.1 Bug????

Peter

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
stingray75
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi,

Yes, I spoke to VMware about this and this looks like a bug in vCenter 4.1. When I tried to browse a datastore using the v4.1 client attached to a linked mode v4.0 Vc I got the following error:

Could not load file or assembly 'VMware.CustomControls, Version=4.0.0.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7c80a434483c7c50' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.'

If you isolate the vCenter from linked mode you will connect to your v4.0 vCenter using the v4.0 client and all should be well. Alternatively, you can connect to the host directly and update the VM's disks from there.

Hopefully they'll release a bug fix soon.

Matt

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
stingray75
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi,

Yes, I spoke to VMware about this and this looks like a bug in vCenter 4.1. When I tried to browse a datastore using the v4.1 client attached to a linked mode v4.0 Vc I got the following error:

Could not load file or assembly 'VMware.CustomControls, Version=4.0.0.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7c80a434483c7c50' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.'

If you isolate the vCenter from linked mode you will connect to your v4.0 vCenter using the v4.0 client and all should be well. Alternatively, you can connect to the host directly and update the VM's disks from there.

Hopefully they'll release a bug fix soon.

Matt

0 Kudos
peterjakobs67
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks Matt,

I already found the workaround to disconnect the linked mode.

The final workaround will be that all vcenters will be at 4.1.

Peter

0 Kudos