VMware Cloud Community
fujicolor
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

license upgrade

Dear all,

question is when we upgrade our 6.7 license to 7.0 will the old license keep working, because we have created a new enviroment 7.0 to upgrade to from our old 6.7 .We need some time and want to m ake sure the old 6.7 enviroment keeps working for a little while untill the migration is over

thank in advance for all your feedback,

best regards

Jeff

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CallistoJag
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Assuming you upgraded the license keys and are now using both keys in your environment: the old license will still "work" but it is 100% no longer a valid license and potentially exposes you to license violation. Of course I would expect there to be some understanding for a migration period, but this is reliant on goodwill of VMware nothing else so keep it a realistically short period at most 🙂 This is not legal advise or suggestion, just writing it as I see it.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
CallistoJag
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Assuming you upgraded the license keys and are now using both keys in your environment: the old license will still "work" but it is 100% no longer a valid license and potentially exposes you to license violation. Of course I would expect there to be some understanding for a migration period, but this is reliant on goodwill of VMware nothing else so keep it a realistically short period at most 🙂 This is not legal advise or suggestion, just writing it as I see it.

0 Kudos