VMware Cloud Community
fafa24
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

license upgrade question

Dear all,

We bought last year the Foundation Accelarator Kit with a 3 year contract. It included licenses for ESX, 1xVcenter, Upgrade Manager and Consolidation Backup.

My license was automatically upgraded to Vsphere 4 Standard edition. But I think the Standard edition doesn't equal to the edition I bought. According to the Upgrade Guide in the Standard Edition is the Vcenter server not included.

Should I have not been issued new license files for the Vsphere essential edition for small business? Not Sure Vmware delivered correctly.

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
LarsLiljeroth
Expert
Expert

Hi

You should have a seperate vCenter license. As the Foundation is upgraded to seperate products.

// Lars Liljeroth

-

*If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!

// Lars Liljeroth -------------- *If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!
0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

You've been upgraded to the correct vsphere edition, please see the upgrade mapping:

Here's a vsphere comaprison table, which shows you the features included in each flavours:

VMware-GSS,

VMware Communities User Moderator

0 Kudos