VMware Cloud Community
Kaplik1976
Contributor
Contributor

issue with an standalone ESXi 6.7 (netwoking)

Hello all,

I have an  host, I have upgraded on friday 13.11. to last build 17098360, which after installation didn't gave any error, so I closed it as successfull upgrade. Problem now is that some VMs are not properly working with networking, it means they work only on layer 2 (they communicate only with VMs in the same subnet). The only workaround that is mostly working, but not allways, is to add 2 network cards to the VM and configurate only 1 of them, after this the machine works normally, but if we remove the inactive network card and reboot the VM, the networking stops working again. I also tried to create a new VM with Ubuntu 18.04 and got the same problem. All the previous problems was tested in the following OS: Debian 10 kernel 4.19, Ubuntu 18.04 LTS kernel 4.15, CentOS 7 kernel 3.10. I tried also on both network adapters e1000 and VMXNET3, all the machines have open-vm-tools installed.

Thank you very much for tips.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

An image of your vSwitch showing the VMs and uplink ports might help.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos