VMware Cloud Community
anthonypoh
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

iSCSI datastore connectivity issues after upgrade to vSphere 5.5

Has anyone encountered datastore connectivity issues after upgrading their ESXi hosts?

Upgraded 3x DL360 G7 servers last week from vsphere 5.1 to 5.5, and now they're experiencing loss access to their datastore volumes due to connectivity issues (see attached image for the event details).

These servers are currently attached to a VNXe3300 and I thought initially it could be because the software version on the array did not match the compatibility matrix. However, still have issues after upgrading the array today to 2.4.1......

None of these connectivity issues occurred when they were running 5.1, and only started occuring after the upgrade to 5.5......!

It's got so bad that it's dropping and reconnecting every minute, causing the VMs to freeze!

Using hardware iSCSI as the DL360s have two NC382i LOMs which supports TOE and iSCSI...... wondering if it's a problem with the NIC drivers that VMware have packaged into their image?

Anyone experienced these types of iscsi connectivity issues before?

http://thevirtualunknown.co.uk/
0 Kudos
1 Reply
timlane
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

What are the results when you SSH to your affected host and run ethtool -i vmnic0 and repeat for all vmnic's.  Below is a example of what you might see.

~ # ethtool -i vmnic0
driver: bnx2
version: 2.2.4d.v55.2
firmware-version: bc 5.2.3 NCSI 2.0.12
bus-info: 0000:03:00.0

0 Kudos