VMware Cloud Community
deadbeat
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

help build a home laboratory

am looking to buy a couple of desktop class PCs for an esx lab am looking to build.

here are the specs am looking to get for the esx:

• quadcore phenom

• Asus M4A78-EM

• 8gb of RAM

for the SAN:

• athlon x2

• Asus M4A78-EM

• 2gb

• running Open-E DSS Lite for iSCSI

i obviously didn't see those hardware on the compatibility list so am pretty sure i might run into some issues.

I appreciate hearing your thoughts and recommendation on the build.

btw as a final consideration in the build, am on a low budget project. hence no server hardware on my list.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Ceheck out it has great information on getting non-supported hardware to work - also if worse comes to worse why not build your lab environment under vmware server or workstation

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Ceheck out it has great information on getting non-supported hardware to work - also if worse comes to worse why not build your lab environment under vmware server or workstation

0 Kudos