VMware Cloud Community
ajayram198
Contributor
Contributor

Why cant I download VMware ?

Hello,

I have a HP laptop with Ubuntu 14.04 running on it, and am trying to download Vmware, I registered for an account on the VMware site, and when I went for the download page, I am not able to download it.

it says -

Your download request has been received and is under review for download eligibility.

Confirm that you provided a valid first name, last name, address, and country when you registered. If you did not, update your My VMware profile and try to download again.

If you do not receive an update after 3 business days, please try again.

Contact us if you have any questions. Quote Message ID 621 and provide the email address you used when registering.

Thank you,

VMware Customer Service

Why I am getting this message? and Why I am not able to download it?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Welcome to the Community,

which VMware product and version are you trying to download (Note: VMware is the company name), and from where (country)?

Usually you would get instant access to the downloads if you register for an evaluation. Please provide the URL where you registered for the product.

André

0 Kudos
ajayram198
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I am trying to download VMware Workstation 11 for Ubuntu 14.04 from India.  I didnt do any registration for the product, I created a VMware account. and then tried to download. I am following the instructions as given in this tutorial. How To Install VMware Workstation 11 On Ubuntu 14.10 | Liberian Geek

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Please see whether you can download the evaluation version from http://www.vmware.com/go/tryworkstation

André

0 Kudos
ajayram198
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I downloaded a file named VMware-Workstation-Full-12.0.1-3160714.x86_64.bundle but I dont know how to open it. It says open with gedit text editor in Ubuntu 14.04, no other option. Could you please guide me how to install it?

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

The link you posted actually contains the instructions for how to install the bundle.

Alternatively see http://kb.vmware.com/kb/2057907 (section "To install VMware Workstation on a Linux host")

André

0 Kudos
ajayram198
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I was able to install VMWare Player. How do I know whether its a trial period software or the full software?

At the end of the screen in VMWare Player, I get this message :

This product is not licensed and is available for non-commercial use only, For commercial use, purchase a license. What does this mean?

Is this software a trial software which will expire after a trial period? Or have I installed the full software.?

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

VMware Player is free for personal use, i.e. no license needed.

For commercial use, or if you want/need additional features, you may purchase a license.

André

0 Kudos