Contributor
Contributor

Vsphere 6.5 HA Cluster

I need to configure HA Cluster between two hosts having

1. one shared Datastore

2. Same management network

3. different network for VMs

I have below queries from above:

1. Is one shared Datastore is enough or i have to create another one for heartbeat and what should be the minimum size?

2. I have created Vswitch0 with subnet 192.168.10.0 for both hosts as management network

3. both hosts have created with Vswitch1 with different network subnets like 10.1.1.0 & 10.1.10.0 for Virtual Machines,

in this case how fail-over will successful when machine with different subnet starts on other host?

How to configure the HA Cluster between two hosts with above scenario?

Regards,

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Finikiez
Champion
Champion

Hello!

1. Is one shared Datastore is enough or i have to create another one for heartbeat and what should be the minimum size?

It's recommended to have two datastores for hearbeating. However If you don't have any more shared datastores, it's enough Smiley Happy Datastore heartbeating it's just an additional mechanism to to help HA work correctly.

You can disable warning HA error: "The number of heartbeat datastores for host is 1, which is less than required: 2" (200473...

2. I have created Vswitch0 with subnet 192.168.10.0 for both hosts as management network

3. both hosts have created with Vswitch1 with different network subnets like 10.1.1.0 & 10.1.10.0 for Virtual Machines,

in this case how fail-over will successful when machine with different subnet starts on other host?

You need to have identical vswitches and portgroups if you want HA to work correctly.
So create both vswitches and both VM portgroups on your ESXi hosts. This will be enough.

0 Kudos
hussainbte
Expert
Expert

If you are creating 2 networks for Virtual machines, then you have them created on both ESXi hosts .. Also make sure then N/W name and switch name are exactly the same.. its case sensitive

If you found my answers useful please consider marking them as Correct OR Helpful Regards, Hussain https://virtualcubes.wordpress.com/
0 Kudos