VMware Cloud Community
NMShaikh
Contributor
Contributor

Vmware workload migration from Standard to Enterprise version

Hi Everyone,

I would like to migrate my workload which are running on VMware environment. with VMware standard version without vCenter.

Source Environment is running with Standard version without vCenter and SAN, build on local storage of servers.

Target Environment is running with Enterprise version with vCenter and SAN attached.

Kindly advise the migration with minimum or zero downtime.

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
e_espinel
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hello.
The first thing is to verify if the version of the source ESXi Host is compatible with the version of your target ESXi. I attach a link where you can verify.

https://partnerweb.vmware.com/comp_guide2/sim/interop_matrix.php

If your ESXi and vcenter versions are compatible, then you can connect the source ESXi to the vcenter server and apply vmotion either online or offline depending on your licenses.

If you have doubts, please indicate the versions of the ESXi hosts and the vcenter server.

ESXi hosts and vcenter server must be on the same ethernet network.

Enrique Espinel
Senior Technical Support on IBM, Lenovo, Veeam Backup and VMware vSphere.
VSP-SV, VTSP-SV, VTSP-HCI, VTSP
Please mark my comment as Correct Answer or assign Kudos if my answer was helpful to you, Thank you.
Пожалуйста, отметьте мой комментарий как Правильный ответ или поставьте Кудо, если мой ответ был вам полезен, Спасибо.
NMShaikh
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Enrique Espinel,

Thanks for your response.

EXSi versions are same for both Source and destination hosts. however the hosts OEMs are different.

Source hosts are without vCenter, however target environment is having vCenter. Also source is having standard license and target is having enterprise edition.

Please advise.

Thanks.

0 Kudos