VMware Cloud Community
StepanEn
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VSphere licensing issue (assigned more cpu's than actually)

Hello!

I have three vSphere 4 Enterprise(1-6 cores per cpu) licenses with different capacities. And I have a problem with two of them. Licensing page in VCenter shows me that one license assigned to 6 CPU's, but its actually assigned only to 4 CPU's (two ESX servers with two cpu's(4cores) each). And another one license showed as assigned to 16 CPU's, but actually its assigned only to 14 CPU'. This license has total capacity 16 CPU's and thats why I can't add another one ESX host to my Infrastructure. And with last one license I have not any problemms. Why it could be so? Please help me if you know how to fix this issue.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RParker
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Try removing ALL the licenses, and add them back.

If that doesn't work go to your vLicense portal on VM Ware, regenerate NEW keys for your existing licenses, and remove the existing keys in vCenter, then ADD the new ones you generate.

you can split a license, and then join them that will make new keys.

Otherwise you have to call vmware support and ask the licensing people to help you.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RParker
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Try removing ALL the licenses, and add them back.

If that doesn't work go to your vLicense portal on VM Ware, regenerate NEW keys for your existing licenses, and remove the existing keys in vCenter, then ADD the new ones you generate.

you can split a license, and then join them that will make new keys.

Otherwise you have to call vmware support and ask the licensing people to help you.

0 Kudos
StepanEn
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks a lot! It helps me! I genereated New licenses.

0 Kudos