VMware Cloud Community
barnys
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VSphere essentials upgrade to Enterprise PLUS.

I have running VSphere essentials and requested a trial of the VSphere Enterprise PLUS. However in the email received there are only links to download the entire program (ISOs), and what I would like to do is apply a license to the existing setup that I have.

Am I missing something here or is this the only way to go about testing the Enterprise PLUS functionality with my existing setup?

BTW - I am after the vDS functionality to see if this can help us with a requirement that we have, but would not want to do a brand new install if possible.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
2 Replies
bshubinsky
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

You shouldn't have to do a reinstall, it's simply a license that grants you access to extra features. I'm sure if you contact VMware Support you can have them generate a trial key for you.

0 Kudos
golddiggie
Champion
Champion

You should have been sent a product key/license to apply to the host(s) where you'll be testing the Enterprise Plus functionality levels... That should be all you need to apply to a host... If you're using vCenter Server to administrate the hosts, you can apply the key to specific hosts without too much difficulty... I'm not sure if you'll need to bounce the host in order to apply the change, but I suspect that you can do it on the fly... I would suggest making the change during a scheduled maintenance window, so that the interruption to the business will be lessened...

VMware VCP4

Consider awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers.

0 Kudos