VMware Cloud Community
Srinispree
Contributor
Contributor

VMware vSphere Hypervisor 8 - License key

I've recently downloaded and installed VMware vSphere Hypervisor 8. I didn't save the license key. I have to provide the license key before 60 days. How to retrieve the license key? Please help me... 

14 Replies
maksym007
Expert
Expert

For the trial period, you don't need to provide a key. 
You need Keys only for vCenter and for ESXi Hosts when you are considering them longer period. 

0 Kudos
Srinispree
Contributor
Contributor

I have downloaded and installed VMvisor 8.0 (x86 64-bit). The trial version shows 'You are currently using ESXI in evaluation mode. The license will expire in 53 day'. 

I haven't saved the license key generated during the installation. How to find my license key? Please suggest me a way out it. 

0 Kudos
muakhtar
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

You don't need a trial license key for the evaluation period.

If you need to extend the trial period then you need to purchase the key from the local distibutor

Munib Akhtar
VCP-DCV/VCP-DTM/VXRAIL
Please mark help full or correct if my answer is use full for you
0 Kudos
Srinispree
Contributor
Contributor

I have downloaded the FREE VERSION of VMware vSphere Hypervisor 8. I didn't save the license key generated at the time of downloading. Within 60 days (Evaluation period) I have to provide the key. Please suggest a solution. 

0 Kudos
e_espinel
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hello
Free license key generation for versions 7 and 8 is now available.

https://customerconnect.vmware.com/en/evalcenter?p=free-esxi7

https://customerconnect.vmware.com/en/evalcenter?p=free-esxi8

e_espinel_0-1667582164448.png

Enrique Espinel
Senior Technical Support on IBM, Lenovo, Veeam Backup and VMware vSphere.
VSP-SV, VTSP-SV, VTSP-HCI, VTSP
Please mark my comment as Correct Answer or assign Kudos if my answer was helpful to you, Thank you.
Пожалуйста, отметьте мой комментарий как Правильный ответ или поставьте Кудо, если мой ответ был вам полезен, Спасибо.
Srinispree
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks a lot Sir! Now the license is available. in the link given by you. We have enabled the license. Thanks again Sir!

0 Kudos
digcao
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, can i user VMware vSphere Hypervisor 8 License  FREE for commercial USE?

0 Kudos
ZeroEnna
Contributor
Contributor

Wait.... does that mean for testing and homelab-purposes, VMWare provides keys with no expiration date (albeit with limited functions)?
That is amazing, thank you very much!

0 Kudos
MrOskar
Contributor
Contributor

Worked for me, thanks. (Home-use) - ESXI 8

0 Kudos
anfo86
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,
I have registered for ESXi 8 and I have got 60 days evaluation. But I have not received any license key?

Br Andréas

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

The key for the free Hypervisor shows up on the registration page once logged on.
Please see e_espinel's reply.

André

0 Kudos
pentium4forever
Contributor
Contributor

How can i get license key for the free version of esxi 8? i've been looking at the forums here in depth. I tried vsphere 8 trial i see no place for a license key though for the free version! Help! @e_espinel 

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

I'm afraid that it's too late, and VMware's new owner does not offer a free license anymore.
At least the registration/download links do not work anymore.

André

0 Kudos
markey165
Expert
Expert

Free ESXi is officially no longer available - See https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/2107518