VMware Cloud Community
TechExpert
Contributor
Contributor

VMware Vsphere License

Hi all

Last year on mid , we have purchased VMware License for following products

i) vCenter Server 5 Standard  1 instance

ii) VMware Vsphere 5 Enterprise  ( unlimited cores with 6 CPUs )

So my question is that this year again we have to pay for license or only i have to go to renew the VMware support, and i have to pay the same amount as i paid last year.

As last year i got the license of one year but as i got to  Vsphere License , Management , in  Expires TAB it showing me NEVER . is it normal or it should show

the Expire Date.

see the Attach scree shots

I have lots of quires about VMware License, can somebody give me some document / Videos  for VMware license , it will be a great Help

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

The license you purchased does n't expire and you can use it as long as you want. What expires is the Support&Subscription contract. I'd recommend you contact your reseller and ask for renewal of the SnS contract.

André

0 Kudos
Sreejesh_D
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hope this KB will help you to understand the steps for requesting Quote for renewing your support contract.

VMware KB: Requesting a support contract renewal quote in My VMware

0 Kudos
marcelo_soares
Champion
Champion

And just adding an extra information, licenses are automatically upgraded if you have a valid SnS (Support and Subscription).

Marcelo Soares
0 Kudos
schepp
Leadership
Leadership

Marcelo Soares wrote:

And just adding an extra information, licenses are automatically upgraded if you have a valid SnS (Support and Subscription).

They are not. You have to push the "upgrade button" in the MyVMware portal Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
blazilla
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

The 1y extension to the licese refers to the support & subscription (as already mentioned). But you will lose support and the possibility to upgrade to newer releases. It's always a good idea to renew the S&S. I would go for 3y and not for 1y S&S.

Best regards Patrick https://www.vcloudnine.de
0 Kudos
Atul_gen
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

You can post your questions here , we will try to answer them.

Thanks,

Atul

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful.
0 Kudos
Atul_gen
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Here's the web form to contact the renewal team:

http://www.vmware.com/support/form/contract_renewal.html

Please go through this video it may help you.

Licensing ESXi 5.0 and vCenter Server 5.0 - YouTube

There are  a few links as the below, it is useful for licensing.

VMware KB: Licensing ESXi 5.x and vCenter Server 5.x

VMware vSphere Pricing Options

If you have any questions related to licensing functionality, please post here,will try to answer.

Thanks,

Atul

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful.
0 Kudos