VMware Cloud Community
BOIVM
Contributor
Contributor

VMware Data Recovery supports only 2 destinations?!

Hello.
On VMware Data Recovery version 1.1.0.707 build 207380 i had three destinations /dev/sdb1, /dev/sdc1, /dev/sdd1 - each 256 GB as appliance virtual disks SCSI (0:1), SCSI (0:2) and SCSI (0:3) respectively. However after upgrade to VMware Data Recovery version 1.2.0.1131 build 260251 during mount /dev/sdd1 (Configuration->Destinations->Mount) i get following error message:
"No additional destinations can be added because the Data Recovery appliance supports only up to 2 destinations at a time." 😞
I've tried to add /dev/sdd1 entry in /etc/fstab, but it doesn't work.
Why newer version supports only 2 destinations? Is there any possibility to get around that limitation?
Best regards,
BOIVM
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
gdavid
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I'm new to Data Recovery product so i started at 1.2.

But i just came across the same limitation. I unfortunately read the admin guide for 1.0 which stated you can have more than 2 stores if they arn't used at the same time. However in the admin guide for 1.2 it states 2 stores as a limitation.

http://www.vmware.com/pdf/vdr_12_admin.pdf

Data Recovery is designed to support deduplication stores that are up to one terabyte in size and each backup

appliance is limited to using two deduplication stores. Data Recovery does not impose limits on the size of

deduplication stores, but if the size of a store exceeds one terabyte, performance may be affected. While Data

Recovery does not impose limits on deduplication store size, other factors limit deduplication shares. As a

result, deduplication stores are limited to:

- 500 GB on CIFS network shares

- 1 TB on VMDKs and RDMs

0 Kudos